Last Reviewed: February 2023
Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc. ("Sarepta", "Company" or "We") respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.sarepta.com, http://www.duchenne.com/ or any social media site, mobile sites, or online application owned and/or operated by the Company, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through these sites or channels (our "Websites"), and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that personal information.
This policy applies to personal information. “Personal information” is any information—as electronically or otherwise recorded—that can be used to identify a person or that we can link directly to an individual, such as name, address, email address, or telephone number, as applicable. This policy applies only to personal information we may collect:
- on our Websites;
- through e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Websites;
- through mobile and desktop applications downloaded from our Websites, which may provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Websites; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, but only if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
We may have other unique privacy policies that apply to certain specific situations, such as if you participate in a clinical trial we sponsor. To the extent you were provided with a different privacy notice or policy that applies, that notice or policy will govern our interactions with you, not this one.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means not included in the above-provided definition of our Websites; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Please be aware that personal information we collect and process from the Websites may be transferred and maintained outside of your state, province, country, including in and to the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States pertaining to the use and protection of personal information may differ from that of other countries.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
No one under age 16 may provide information on our Websites. Our Websites are not directed at minors under 16 and we do not knowingly collect, maintain, disclose, or otherwise process personal information of minors below the age of 16 without the permission of such minor’s parents or legal guardians. If you believe we have any personal information from or about a minor under 16 without parental or guardian consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may identify and delete that personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT PROCESS, AND SHARE IT
- “Personal information” is any information—as electronically or otherwise recorded—that can be used to identify a person or that we can link directly to an individual, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit card number, as applicable. Personal information in some jurisdictions can include information that indirectly identifies a person even absent other identifying information.
- Personal information may include information considered sensitive in some jurisdictions, such as biometric information, genetic information, medical and health information, financial account information, geolocation, ethnic or racial origin, information concerning your sex life or your sexual orientation, and other information.
- Below is a summary of how we collect, process, and use personal information and the potential recipients of your personal information, and how we have done so in the preceding 12 months. Some jurisdictions require us to state the legal bases for processing your personal information, which are included below, but please note that not all jurisdictions may recognize all legal bases.
|Examples of the types of personal information we process:||Where do we get the personal information?||Why do we process the personal information||What are the legal bases for processing?||Who receives the personal information?*|
Identity and contact information, such as:
Other personal information, such as:
Visual Information, such as:
Technical Information, such as:
Anonymized / De‑identified Data
*The legal bases we rely upon include those enumerated in Articles 6 and 9 of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), depending on the type of Personal Data.
**We do not sell or share your personal information for cross-context behavioral advertising.
***In limited circumstances, recipients may include, (1) in the event of a sale, assignment, or transfer, to the buyer, assignee, or transferee; and, (2) government or regulatory officials, law enforcement, courts, public authorities, or others when permitted by this Policy or required by law.
You also may provide information to be used, published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of our Websites, or to be transmitted to other users of our Websites (collectively, "User-Generated Information"). When you provide User-Generated Information, you do so at your own risk. Although in some cases you may be able to establish certain privacy settings for your User-Generated Information that is posted on our Websites, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of our Websites with whom you may choose to share your User-Generated Information. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User-Generated Information will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected Automatically
The information about you that we collect automatically does not identify you personally, but rather only by reference to the device you use to access our Websites. This information tells us about your usage of our Websites, which helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you. By enabling us to take into account your Website usage patterns and preferences, this information helps us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests, to speed up your searches, and to recognize you when you return to our Websites.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
For more information about these technologies and how to manage or opt out of them, please see our Notice on Cookies.
Although the information we collect automatically does not personally identify you, we may link that information to information that does personally identify you that we otherwise collect as described in this policy.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with reasonable choices regarding the collection and use of information about you. For example, you may: (1) choose not to provide personal information on our Websites, (2) set your browser preferences and use web tools available to block the cookies sent in connection with your use of our Websites, (3) follow the instructions to unsubscribe from our services included on our Websites and the communications sent to you, and/or (4) email a request to unsubscribe from our services to email@example.com.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please note that in many circumstances, we cannot effectively do business with you without processing some Personal Data about you (e.g., your contact information).
You may have a right under your area’s data protection law to the following rights with respect to some or all of your Personal Data:
- to request access to your Personal Data;
- to request that we rectify or erase your Personal Data;
- to request that we restrict or block the processing of your Personal Data;
- This includes the right to opt out of solicitations
- to provide your Personal Data directly to another, i.e., a right to data portability;
- when we previously obtained your consent, to withdraw consent to processing; and
- to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your area.
You can make a request with respect to your Personal Data by (1) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org (2) mailing us at 215 First Street Cambridge, MA 02142; or (3) calling us at 1-888-SAREPTA (1-888-727-3782). We will make reasonable efforts to respond promptly to your requests in accordance with applicable laws. We may, after receiving your request, require additional information from you to honor the request and verify your identity. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Websites.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE RETAINED
We generally retain personal information for as long as needed for the specific purpose or purposes for which it was collected. In some cases, we may be required to retain personal information for a longer period of time by law or for other necessary business purposes. Whenever possible, we aim to anonymize the information or remove unnecessary identifiers from records that we may need to keep for periods beyond the specified retention period.
Attn: Corporate Communications
215 First Street
Cambridge, MA 02142